Oh, and Grandma likes the fun "dandelion clock" theme for our blog-site. It reminds her of the precious gift that is each day of this life.
This happens to be a momentous day for our Thomson branch, as they wend their no-doubt weary way down to Ohio. We pray and trust that the weather may not affect their progress and that all will be well as they hunker down to span the Christmas season at the home of dear and generous friends. We ask for them a rapid adjustment to their new area and much happiness in living there.
Everyone is looking forward, I'm sure, to seeing more of the Thomsons, now they will be so much closer! Who's for an Ohio reunion in 2011??
Grandma has one request now: for everybody's list of favorite
Christmas movies
and
Christmas stories!
Okay, I'll begin. I think my very favorite Christmas movie is "The Bishop's Wife"--1944 (Grandma's birth year) with Cary Grant and Loretta Young.
As for the story, I think my favorite right now is the true one of the vineyard workers in Madera, California (see the end of the December Ensign). Love it!
Perhaps Jarom's would the story of Corduroy that we were reading yesterday.
LOOK FORWARD TO READING EVERYONE'S CONTRIBUTIONS! They need not be long, and, if you, like me, have lost your camera, need not have brand-new photographs, though we love those!
Love you all LOTS!!!
Grandma
No comments:
Post a Comment